Merrimack’s NEW Accounting for Small Business Certificate Program offers you a 100% online, 15-week experience that is interactive, supportive, and flexible, with the ability for you to study at your own pace. Weekly online live and recorded class sessions will help you gain practical, in-demand business skills in areas such as:
- Basic Accounting Principles
- Transactional Accounting, including Invoicing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll
- Financial Reporting and Planning
- Budgeting and General Ledger
- QuickBooks and Excel
- and many other important topics!
Accounting professionals are in high demand with as many as 40,000 open accounting positions posted during 2019 for New England and as many as 68,000 positions posted in the Mid-Atlantic*.
This non-credit certificate program also includes access to the following FlexProfessionals job-search readiness workshops if you plan to use your new skills to transition back into the workforce or to a new job:
- Strategies for Re-entering the Workforce After a Career Break
- Build a Compelling Resume
- Top LinkedIn Tips for Job Seekers
- Take the Work out of Networking
- Improve Your Interview Skills and Practice Your Pitch
- Career Transitions: Is Now the Right Time?
Merrimack’s certificate program, combined with FlexProfessionals’ job search support, will set you up for success in pursuing a variety of accounting-related opportunities in small business work environments. Program Tuition is $3,500. Those who register for our initial session that begins March 15, 2021, will receive a $500 scholarship towards their tuition.
*Compiled with data sourced from EMSI